Tuesday 18 March 2008

New beginnings

After some stern words from my loyal readership, I've decided to come back to the fray and try blogging a bit more often. Part of me stopped for fear that I was a little too negative in my blog, my most popular label is 'moan' taking poll position with 10 out a possible 18 entries. Rather depressing, don't you think?

Trying to be positive is painful. My creative juices flow when I'm in a bad mood. In fact, I do most things best when I'm in a bad mood: psychoanalysis, anyone? I wonder what it says about me, about my personality, about everyone that knows me... Jack shit, most probably, but it would be interesting to see what Jack Shit came up with...

Truth of the matter is, I only blogged when something or someone was getting on my tits. My lack of blog action is not down to me being more tolerant, or my not being pissed off so much - that's no different to what it was two months ago - it's actually a result of me being continually annoyed. Nothing's changed, and I didn't want to inflict my negative vibes on everyone who reads this...

Excuses out of the way, the bottom of the barrel reason is that I've been too damn lazy. Or preoccupied elsewhere. The past two months has panned out roughly as follows:

  • continuing my assistantship
  • trip home to visit friends and family
  • trip to London to see a show and make a bit of a tit of myself in front of one of the stars
  • back to France to carry on with the assistantship
  • being told mind-numbingly irrelevant things by flatmate (who thinks I don't understand much of what she says, hence the need to demonstrate that broccoli isn't cauliflower)
  • just about sorting out where I go once this is all over

And so you see, nothing much has happened since I last posted on my high-brow, controversial, reader attracting blog. And even less has happened that's been worth writing about.

Now that I'm back though, I'll try and hang around to answer any niggling queries anyone may have...

4 comments:

CQ said...

I have a question - why is cabbage so bloody brilliant?

Little Dik-Dik said...

Because it is neither broccoli nor cauliflower.

katy yelland said...

hahaha you're brilliant...how do you manage to fill up so many lines without saying anything in particular, but expressing it in a really eloquent way?!

Little Dik-Dik said...

I think having four years of training in talking bullshit helps quite a bit! And all those well boring essays where I said the same thing six different ways had their purpose too, it would seem... Who would have thought I'd ever say that???

But thank you for the compliment quand même, I shall endeavour to continue providing such high quality posts! ;)