Saturday 3 July 2010

Life. Existence. Never the twain shall meet.

My my my. I'd almost forgotten the existence of this page until a dear friend told me he'd read my archive as a direct result of his own boredom. It's been longer than a while, so much has been and gone in my life since April 2009 that I don't know how best to summarise it. But here goes:

I passed my teacher training course. I got a job. I moved to be able to do the job. I started the job. I now have a monthly salary amount. I completed my NQT year. It was a rollercoaster of emotions and events. I've committed to staying in the job for the foreseeable future. Oh, and I'm moving again. Except not because of the job, but because of me.

What a wonderful level 5 piece of work (if it were written in a foreign language, of course). A short text using 2 tenses and a description/opinion.

You see, this is my life now. Levels and sublevels; grades and grade boundaries. It saddens me that I have nothing to speak to friends about any more. Except for times past. Speaking about my present depresses me somewhat: partly because I am the only teacher in my friendship group (making it hard not to bore them brainless), partly because it's so damn hard to remember the good things about my career when so many negative things happen that put a real dampener on the whole shebang.

Nonetheless, I am alive - in medical terms. I prefer to regard myself as breathing and existing. When I come back alive in it's real (read: my preferred) sense, I'll be back to let you know.

No comments: