Sunday 9 November 2008

Humdrum and Rigmarole


It's been a while my friends. And not a lot has changed. The ridiculously short assignment that I spoke of last time was finished (after three days of editing it to within the 10% allowance over the limit) and handed in. Since then I've been extremely complacent and taking advantage of iPlayer rather than focusing on my next looming deadline in just over a week's time.

That complacency is probably also the reason why I've been ill this weekend. As is always the case, I'm fit as a fiddle (or so it seems) until I'm able to relax, and then when I can actually enjoy myself for a few days, I feel like crap. Normally I just fight through the pain and keep on enjoying myself. But this weekend has been hell on wheels. I spent all day yesterday between the tap and my bed. Today I managed to get up and stay up, but I've not done anything productive. And trust me when I say that I have plenty I could be getting on with.
Somehow, though, during my hours of inactivity, I managed to read a few news items and columns. For the first time since I can remember, I read a column from start to finish, understood the majority of what it was talking about (political references and the like that I'm not too familiar with) and formed an opinion. All while I was comatose.

I wonder if I should be ill more often. Clearly I have an adverse correlation between health and productivity.

So long as the productivity is in activites I don't really need to be concerning myself with that is....

No comments: