Thursday 27 September 2007

Reflections

There are people in this world who are 100 times less fortunate than yourself.


That's what we're always told when we're growing up and something bad happens or we have to wait for something that we really want. I don't think we really appreciate the truthfulness of this seemingly old cliché until something happens that makes us take stock of what we have and be grateful for it.

It's a shame that it takes a tragedy to highlight the positive aspects of life. I'm not saying that nobody in this world is grateful for the life they lead, that would be totally idiotic of me - deep down we all appreciate our existence on this planet, whether we realise it or not. But I just feel that it's only at times like these that I really think about how lucky I am and how much I don't tell people I'm lucky to have them in my life.

A short post, but one that I hope everyone reading will identify with, and certainly reflect upon.

For my friends: past, present and future.

No comments: